Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Democracy

I don't enjoy politics.  I actually get very bored when people talk about them.  This time I have been a little bit more involved with the politics because I am so concerned of what America is getting themselves into.  I just can't see that either of the candidates are going to be good for our country.  Because of this, I have been paying attention to what's going on.

In this article, Hilary accomplished exactly what she was setting out to do.  She wanted to catch attention.  She wanted to get the attention of the people who weren't supporting her.  She wanted to be heard.  She wanted to make some noise. She also painted Trump to be "the bad guy" according to the article.

After reading this article, I researched a little bit more on each candidate.  This is going to be such a hard election for me. I am usually so clear on who I want to vote for.  However,  I haven't seen anything from either of the candidates that makes me like them more than the other.

According to the article, Hilary's speech was beneficial in regards to the democrats, "At the end of the day, Clinton's speech calmed Democrats and gave an invitation for Republicans worried about Trump." I am worried about Trump also, but I am worried about Hilary.  This next four years is going to be a LONG FOUR YEARS!!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Shelly, I totally hear you on being bored about politics. It s something that I have never really resonated strongly with in my adult years. However, after reading your post I am curious as to if you have looked into the other nominees such as Bernie Sanders and even the Libertarian nominee, Gary Johnson who is my personal favorite. I know the two main candidates seem a little off the edge and childish but through it all I hope who ever wins will do some good.

    ReplyDelete