Thursday, June 2, 2016

Civil Rights ~transgender's bathroom

It is funny to me that this is the topic of our discussion for this week.  I was at my in-laws house for several hours today and we started debating about this exact same topic.  At first, I was so against having members of the opposite sex being allowed to enter the bathroom that doesn't correspond with the gender they were born with.  Not because I have anything against transgenders, but because I worry about creeps coming into the bathrooms to molest children.

My husband doesn't see any problems at all.  He thinks that if a child is going to be molested, he/she will no matter what bathrooms people are allowed to enter in. He thinks that if a parent is worried about something happening to their child, they should go with their child to the bathroom.

After debating back and forth, we all decided that having one bathroom for everyone would be the best option.  Now hear me out before you get bent out of shape.  If you have one bathroom, then parents can always go to the restroom with their child no matter what gender they are.  However, I believe that if changing clothing needs to take place, like at the swimming pool or gym, there should be lockers that close and lock.  This would solve so many problems.

Another option would be to have a family bathroom so if someone wants to have more privacy they can go into that restroom and close and lock that door.

I don't like what our world is becoming so crazy. However, whether I like it or not, changes are happening and we have to learn how to adapt to it.

1 comment:

  1. The general restroom model works well in other cultures. Why not here?

    ReplyDelete